You may have opened a Facebook page and to derive the benefits. However, you may want to control who views your profile data while restricting it for others. It is important to how to lock profile in facebook information against strangers and troublemakers.
FB profile lock feature
This feature helps protect personal information from strangers. Social media is undoubtedly a great channel. However, it also has given access to potential stalkers. There are situations where unscrupulous people download other’s photos for fraud. Hence, the best way to protect yourself from fraud and scams is to lock your FB profile. Enabling this feature ensures limited information is displayed to those not in the friends list.
Why lock your FB profile?
FB active global users have crossed 2.83 billion. It provides people with an opportunity to connect with everyone through the modern, virtual world. However, Privacy issues need to be sorted out. With everyone sharing private data on FB, there is always the risk of information getting misused in some way or the other. You may be using the channel to stay updated on the latest trends, memes, and news, or connect with friends. Some perhaps could be using it to steal your sensitive information and use it for some fraud.
Benefits of locking your FB profile
1. No random messages: Random people cannot harass or send you messages online.
2. Enhanced security: FB profile lock enhances security, and reduces visibility and data theft.
3. Restrict profile access: With your profile locked, strangers cannot access it without your permission. They cannot view your details, images, and other relevant information.
Solve privacy issues
FB has introduced a new feature to safeguard user’s information. Unknown people cannot access your profile. The Lock feature does not allow any stranger to access you profile information, pics, posts, etc. “Profile Picture Guard” helps protect users’ profile pics.
About the FB profile lock feature
It is a recent addition, using which, users may protect their profile posts and pics. Those who are not part of your friend list will be unable to download, share, or even view your posts and photos. Besides this, this feature limits 3rd parties from accessing your timeline-related posts. Your friends can exclusively view public posts that you share on your timeline.
Importance of FB profile lock feature
December 2020 saw hackers from several countries corrupt FB’s privacy system. They managed to steal the sensitive data of users. With the introduction of such a feature, such groups can be now kept at bay. They can’t abuse this platform or derive data from accounts. Users should refrain from clicking or accepting suspicious links, especially from untrusted sources. It enables an FB privacy system. ‘Vanish’ mode, another interesting feature resolves privacy risks. It deletes all media and chat files after sometime after activation. If your profile screenshot is taken without your knowledge, FB notifies you about the same instantly.
Your profile appearance
1. No stranger can access, share, download or view your profile image without your permission.
2. Others will view a lock icon as you lock your profile. It indicates your profile is locked and needs permission for access.
3. Strangers cannot view your posts.
4. They cannot access your profile pic or albums.
5. They cannot view your oldest or most updates on the timeline.
6. They can view only a little information that you have pre-approved for others to see.
7. They need to send a friend request to view your profile details.
How to lock a Facebook profile on an Android device?
1. On your Android device, open the Facebook app.
2. Visit the home page and tap on a profile pic
3. Tap three dots on ‘Menu’
4. Click on the “Lock Profile” option.
5. Select the option ‘Lock your profile’. It is located at the end of the Lock profile page.
6. A message pops on the screen stating “Your profile is locked. Only selected people can view your posts and images on your timeline.”
8. To complete the process, click on OK.
How to lock an FB profile on an iPhone device?
1. Visit Facebook. Tap on your profile name. It is located in the three-line menu present at the bottom right.
2. Use three fingers to dot your name.
3. Use the ‘Lock Profile’ button and lock your profile.
4. Tap ‘Lock your Profile’ the second time to make sure you do it correctly.
Your FB profile is locked. For confirmation, exit the page and log in again to your profile. A notification appears that your profile is locked. In case your FB page lacks a profile lock, modify its privacy settings manually. It ensures the profile is in lock mode. You may even invite your known people to lock their FB profiles.
How to lock FB profile on Desktop?
1. On your desktop, open any browser including Firefox or Google Chrome.
2. Use your FB ID and Password to log in to access the FB home page.
3. On the screen’s top right corner, click on your image to visit your profile page.
4. Click on the three dots under Edit Profile button.
5. You will derive several options. Click on ‘Lock Profile’, the last option.
6. A popup window appears. Click on the button ‘Lock your profile’ to lock your FB profile.
What to do if Lock Profile feature is not active in your country?
Perhaps, your region does not support this feature. Still, you may attain some privacy by following a few steps.
1. Visit Settings & Privacy – Settings and Posts to limit past posts to only friends. Set future posts for friends only and from the posts setting.
2. Set similar limitations at Story settings for stories.
3. Go to Settings and turn on Tag Review and Profile Review manually.
4. Choose Friends list visibility to only friends or me from the Public.
Lock your FB profile
Know that you know the steps, go ahead to lock your FB profile and secure it from prying eyes. It is high time to safeguard your private details from scrupulous people, stalkers, and hackers. Facebook is one of the most used social media channels helping people to connect with others globally. Securing it will ensure only your friends and known people get access to posts on your timeline. Thus, enjoy the channel and increase your followers, a safe way!
The post How to Lock Profile in Facebook? Android, iOS App, and Website first appeared on Tycoonstory Media.
Source: Cosmo Politian