This year, I’ve been intentional about living more in the present. This way of life has minimized the urge to constantly get ahead of myself and maintain a reputation that just isn’t truly where I am in life. But when life gets busier, we often put our good intentions to be present on the back burner. So, as we approach the holidays, it’s important to carve out opportunities and intentionality to be more grounded with the people you love.
I’ve put together the ultimate list of in-depth table talk icebreakers that are sure to make your company think again and dig a little deeper this Thanksgiving. Take some time to bask in nostalgia, lament bygones, release anxieties, celebrate wins, gain accountability, and so much more with these prompts. Get to know family members and friends in a non-surface level way to create deeper bonding. These questions can be hosted as a form of group entertainment with cue cards or informally slipped into side conversations. Use this list of 30 conversation starters to increase mindfulness and presence this Thanksgiving.
30 Mindfulness Prompts to Share With Loved Ones
- What are some things that make you feel at home wherever you are?
- What’s been the peak of this year so far?
- What problems do you have that are actually good problems?
- What is something you can turn to for a good laugh?
- What’s something that keeps you up at night?
- What message would you give to your younger self?
- What’s something you let go of that you wish you stuck with?
- List some creative ways that you can connect back with family.
- On a scale of 1-10, how are you doing mentally?
- What is something that inspires you about [X]? Name a person.
- In what ways can you better commit to your current goals?
- What are some projects that you are interested in pursuing in your personal life outside of work?
- What has been the lowest point of this year?
- Name a privilege you have that you don’t take lightly.
- If you could end one world crisis, what would it be? Bonus: What could you do in your life to work toward its resolution?
- What’s one small thing you can do to feel more [X]? Example: healthy.
- What’s something you’ve read or watched that changed your life completely?
- What are some practices you use to get out of a funk?
- What would be the theme song of your life at this point?
- Name something you want to improve in the coming year.
- To whom do you credit your present state of being?
- Name something that was hard to say goodbye to.
- What are some connections in your world that you can share with others?
- What’s something you would love to learn more about?
- What’s an experience from this year that you’d love to relive?
- In what ways can you be a more supportive friend?
- What’s an insecurity you deal with frequently?
- List some ways you can practice self-care that complement your love language.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s something that’s changed about you over the last six months?
Source: Cosmo Politian